For the asparagus:
- 1-pound asparagus, washed and tough ends trimmed
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¾ pound cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 5 ounces feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 3-4 dried figs, sliced
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3-4 radishes, thinly sliced
For the vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Greek honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1-2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- Set the oven to “Broil”.
- Place the asparagus on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and spread them out on a single flat layer.
- Roast under the broiler until tender and slightly brown. About 8 minutes. Keep an eye on them so that they do not burn.
- Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk well until combined.
- Place the remaining vegetables in a large bowl. Pour the vinaigrette over them and toss to coat. Add the feta cheese and figs and toss until combined.
- As soon as the asparagus is ready, take it out of the oven and allow it to come to room temperature.
- You may chop the asparagus into 2-inch pieces and toss into the salad or place a layer of the asparagus onto a serving dish and top with the salad.
- Serve immediately with toasted bread alongside any meat dish.
- This dish also tastes great with poached or boiled eggs on top. Enjoy!