This creamy no-churn ice cream is flavored with mastic gum (mastiha) and aromatic rose water. Both flavors pair well together and are an elegant dessert to serve on a warm summer’s day. My favorite topping is sour cherry preserves along with some crushed salted pistachios, but, a dark chocolate drizzle would be great too!
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon rose essence water
- 1 teaspoon mastiha (mastic gum) crystals plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Grind mastiha crystals along with the sugar in a mortar and pestle or in a food processor until a powder is formed.
- Combine the condensed milk along with the ground mastiha and rose water in a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream in the bowl of a tabletop mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Add the vanilla extract and whisk until the cream holds stiff peaks. About 3 -4 minutes.
- Fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture to lighten it.
- Whisk the lightened condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream. Be careful not to deflate the mixture by whisking for too long.
- Transfer the cream into an ice cream container or an 8-inch loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
- I love to serve this ice cream with sour cherry preserves and chopped salted pistachios. Enjoy!