For the streusel topping:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice (always freshly squeezed)
For the cake:
- 1 cup lemon curd
- 2 and 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, softened at room temperature (1 and 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 (6 ounce) pack raspberries, frozen + 1 tablespoon flour
- Coffee cakes are delicious! There's no doubt about that. Especially the crumbly buttery top....yummm, that has to be everyone's favorite part! What could possibly make it better? Lemon curd and raspberries, of course!
- The lemon curd is layered right in the middle for a creamy, tangy surprise. The raspberries are beautifully embedded throughout the cake for beautiful color and flavor. It's super easy, absolutely delicious and beautiful!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- First, make the streusel topping by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl and cutting the butter with a fork and mixing. Mix until the mixture becomes crumbly. Set in the refrigerator.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking soda and powder and sift. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar with the butter and mix well with a hand mixer. Add the eggs and mix until fluffy.
- Add the yogurt, lemon juice, zest and vanilla extract and mix well until combined.
- Add the sifted flour mixture slowly in about three batches and mix just until well incorporated. Never over mix cake batter. It will become tough and bread like.
- Mix the tablespoon of flour with the frozen berries to coat them so that they do not sink to the bottom of the cake and carefully and gently add them to the cake batter mixing with a rubber spatula. Make sure the berries are frozen so that way they do not fall apart.
- Butter and flour a 10 inch tube pan and add half or 2/3 of the batter to the pan.
- Spread the lemon curd over the batter and top with remaining batter.
- Top with all of the streusel.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. When the cake is ready it will be golden brown on top and will begin detaching from the sides of the pan slightly.
- Allow it to cool for at least 20 minutes before removing from pan.
- Make the glaze by combining the two ingredients and mixing until smooth and thin.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake and serve!