- ¾ cup olive oil
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- ¼ cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 small lemons
- Juice of 2 small lemons (1/4 cup)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Confectioner’s sugar for dusting over top
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F 180 °C.
- Combine the olive oil, sugar, eggs, and yogurt in. a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until combined.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Zest the lemons into the flour mixture. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla extract to the oil mixture and whisk well until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture to the olive oil bowl and whisk until everything is incorporated and smooth.
- Grease a 9 by 2-inch loaf pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake in the center rack of the oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To make the icing: combine the confectioner’s sugar with lemon juice in a small bowl. Whisk well until smooth. Add more juice if needed.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan.
- Remove cake from pan and set on a serving plate. Drizzle the lemon glaze over the cake and serve.