Preheat the oven to 400 °F, 200 °C.
Combine the pita chip seasoning together with the oil. Do not add the salt to it.
Mix it well to combine.
Brush the herbed oil over each pita wedge and place it on a baking tray.
Sprinkle salt over all of the pita wedges.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden.
Set aside to cool.
Place all of the salad ingredients except for the feta cheese in a large bowl. Season lightly with some salt.
Combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl. Whisk together to combine.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Taste and add some salt if needed.
Top with feta cheese and arrange the pita chips all around the serving plate and serve immediately.
- Serves 4-6:
- 1 English cucumber chopped
- 1-pint Grape tomatoes chopped
- About 4 cups baby lettuce leaves or 1 head of lettuce, chopped
- 5-6 radishes, finely sliced
- 4-5 scallions, finely sliced
- ¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 7 ounces feta cheese
- 8-10 Kalamata olives
- Optional: cooked garbanzo beans, grilled chicken or fish, tuna, beans...
- For the Pita Chips:
- 2 loaves pita bread cut into wedges
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried crushed oregano
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup olive oil, or more
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste