- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup (or more) olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Some water, if needed to thin out the sauce
- Place the garlic clove in the food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the walnuts and chop.
- Add the washed basil leaves along with the parmesan cheese and some black pepper and puree until finely chopped.
- While the food processor is running stream in olive oil until a smooth paste is formed. You may add a few tablespoons of water if you prefer a thinner sauce.
- Add salt to taste.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to a week.