- 2 strips of marinated chicken(or use the recipe below)
- 2 pita breads
- baby spinach leaves
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- crumbled feta cheese
- tomato slices
- onion slices
- olive slices (optional)
- dried oregano
- tzatziki sauce or tahini sauce
- Set the oven to the High broil setting. Place the oven rack as close to the heating element as possible. If you have a pizza stone, leave it in your oven so that the sandwiches can sit on it.
- To marinate the chicken, use my Broiled Chicken Ladolemono recipe which makes a bigger batch or do the following:
- When seasoning a very small batch of chicken strips, sprinkle the seasoning on top as if you were sprinkling salt on fried eggs.
- My favorite spices for seasoning chicken breast are:
- red pepper flakes (just a few flakes) or ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- cumin powder
- crushed, dried oregano
- Begin by drizzling about 1-2 tablespoons olive oil over the chicken, then season with the spices on both sides.
- Broil the chicken 5-6 minutes on each side. Remove from oven, cover with foil and allow to rest while preparing the sandwich.
- Place the baby spinach leaves over the pita, top with tomato and onion slices, mozzarella and feta cheese.
- Place the pita on the pizza stone in the oven. If you do not have a pizza stone, just place the pitas on a metal baking pan.
- Broil 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and bubbly.
- Chop the chicken and place on top of the melted cheese.
- Fold the pitas over and serve!
- Serve with my tzatziki sauce or tahini sauce.