HALOUMI & TOMATO TART
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup Pesto Sauce
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound halloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, 204 degrees Celsius.
- Place the thawed out puff pastry on a work surface dusted with some flour. Roll it out in either a square or a rectangle. About an inch bigger than it is. If rolling it out into a rectangle, it should fit snug inside a half sheet baking pan (16.5 x 11.38 x 1 inches)
- Place the puff pastry in a half sheet baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Using a knife, scour it all along the border (about an inch) to create a crust. Poke holes using a fork all throughout the inside of the border that has been created. This will keep the inside from rising while the border forms into a puffy, flaky crust. Creating a beautiful tart.
- Place the sliced tomatoes in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Toss to coat.
- Slice the halloumi cheese into squares double the size of the tomatoes.
- Spread the pesto sauce along the inside of the tart.
- Create a row of tomatoes. Layer the halloumi next and continue until the inside of the tart is filled with halloumi and tomato slices.
- Note: If you notice that the Haloumi cheese is running out, cut some of the larger pieces in half.
- Sprinkle the pine nuts over the halloumi and tomatoes.
- Brush the border of the pastry with the juices from the tomato marinade.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Leave a Reply