The Wet Ingredients:
- 1 cup (250 ml) light olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) orange juice
- 1 and ¼ cup (130 g) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
The Dry Ingredients:
- 3 and ¼ cups (460 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (125 g) chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F, 190 °C.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk well together.
- In the bowl of a tabletop mixer combine all of the wet ingredients together and beat on low speed until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat until combined.
- Transfer the biscotti dough onto a surface dusted with flour and cut into 2 equal portions.
- Form each portion into a 12-inch-long and half-inch thick log and place both logs onto baking trays lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the center rack of the oven for 30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut approximately 1-inch thick slices using a serrated knife. Place the biscotti slices back onto the baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Reduce the heat to 300 °F, 150°Cand bake the biscotti an additional 15-20 minutes or until dry and golden.
- Set aside to cool completely, then store in an airtight container.