- Makes 20-22
- The Wet Ingredients:
- 1 cup (250 ml) light olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) orange juice
- 1 and ¼ cup (130 g) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- The Dry Ingredients:
- 3 and ¼ cups (460 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (125 g) chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Optional: ¼ cup sesame seeds
Preheat the oven to 375 °F, 190 °C.
Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk well together.
In the bowl of a tabletop mixer combine all of the wet ingredients together and beat on low speed until incorporated.
Add the dry ingredients and beat until combined.
Transfer the biscotti dough onto a surface dusted with flour and cut into 2 equal portions.
Form each portion into a 12-inch-long and half-inch thick log and place both logs onto baking trays lined with parchment paper.
Bake in the center rack of the oven for 30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
Cut approximately 1-inch thick slices using a serrated knife. Place the biscotti slices back onto the baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Reduce the heat to 300 °F, 150°Cand bake the biscotti an additional 15-20 minutes or until dry and golden.
Set aside to cool completely, then store in an airtight container.