This moist cornbread is full of creamy feta, herbs, and veggies. It’s not just for Thanksgiving! SErve this quickbread alongside any main course and it might become the star of the table. Enjoy!
Purchasing your kitchen essentials by clicking on my affiliate links helps support my work without any additional cost to you. Thank you!
Greek Cornbread with Feta Cheese
This moist cornbread is full of creamy feta, herbs, and veggies. It's not just for Thanksgiving! SErve this quickbread alongside any main course and it might become the star of the table. Enjoy!
- 1 zucchini, grated with the peel
- 6 oz feta cheese, cubed
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 3 scallions finely sliced, dill, chives
The Dry Ingredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 and ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
The Wet Ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk plain yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons whole milk
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F, 200° C.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Combine the wet ingredients in another bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Fold in the shredded zucchini, feta cheese, and red pepper.
- Grease a cast-iron skillet (or a 9-10-inch springform baking pan) with butter. Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake approximately 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick that is inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set aside to come to room temperature and serve!
Leave a Reply