This lentil salad is loaded with Greek flavors and has it all! Hearty lentils, loads of herbs, and a delicious vinaigrette all in one dish. It’s perfect as a main course and lasts a few days in the refrigerator.
Watch the Video Tutorial Here:
Here’s everything that you will need to make this healthy dish:
- dry uncooked lentils
- a bay leaf
- loads of your favorite fresh herbs: parsley, mint, basil, or dill
- tomatoes, I recommend firm tomatoes like grape or Roma
- an English cucumber
- scallions (a quarter of red onion would be great too!)
- feta cheese (optional)
- your favorite salad veggies
- my favorite Greek vinaigrette: lemon juice (always fresh!), garlic, olive oil, and oregano
This salad could not be simpler to make. If you like to meal prep, cook a large batch of lentils and keep them refrigerated. Then, you can have this salad ready in 5 minutes! I love lentils because they’re packed with nutrition: loads of protein, minerals, vitamins, and fiber.
Of course, you can substitute chickpeas or your favorite beans and the salad will still be very delicious!
It tastes even better the next day which makes it perfect for the lunchbox! Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigeator. Enjoy the salad as is as a heart-healthy vegan main course. However, it also pairs well with grilled chicken, haloumi cheese, and fish. Tosted bread is great to soak up the dressing!
Purchase your kitchen essentials using my affiliate links to support my work without costing you anything extra. Thank you!
Greek Lentil Tabbouleh Salad
This lentil salad is loaded with Greek flavors and has it all! Hearty lentils, loads of herbs, and a delicious vinaigrette all in one dish. It's perfect as a main course and lasts a few days in the refrigerator.
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 bunch (5-6) scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped mint
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional: feta cheese, bell peppers
- • ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- • 1/3 cup olive oil
- • 1 garlic clove, grated
- • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place the lentils with the bay leaf in a pot covered with water. Add a teaspoon of salt and boil until tender, according to package instructions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Chop all of the herbs and veggies and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and whisk well.
- Add the cooled lentils to the veggies and pour the dressing on top. Toss well and serve.
This salad tastes good at room temperature or chilled. Store any leftovers in an airtight container and keep refrigerated. It keeps well for 3-4 days.
Here’s a pin for your Pinterest Board
Leave a Reply