GIANT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CAKE
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (high quality chocolate like Callebaut or Ghiradelli
- NOT Nestle)
- 3/4 cups white chocolate chips (if you cannot find really good quality white chocolate like Callebaut, chop up a white chocolate baking bar)
- This has been our family's go to birthday cake for the past 10 years. Seriously, it's the BEST chocolate chip cookie cake EVER!!! Those syrupy, overly sweet, yucky cookie cakes sold at the mall should be exiled forever....
- When my kids ask me to make this for their birthday cake year after year, I make it gladly and quickly. It's perfect by itself, as is, and even more perfect with a scoop of ice cream on the side 🙂
- I wish I could take full credit for creating this recipe.... It is the great Emeril Lagasse's. I just left out the nuts (that kids seem to unanimously dislike) and added more chocolate! Lots of chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a 14 inch pizza pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Add to the butter mixture and mix until combined. Add vanilla. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie batter across the prepared baking pan and bake until the edges are golden brown and cookie is set but the center is still slightly soft. About 20-25 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Allow the cookie to cool. Serve with ice cream for an extra delicious touch!
- Enjoy 🙂
Leave a Reply