This is such a great way to use up spinach. Here’s another example of how just a few fresh ingredients come together in just minutes to create a flavor-packed sauce. Use it on anything and everything. I love to spread it in sandwiches, to use it as a pizza sauce, stir it into pasta, and to dip my veggies in.
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- ¼ cup lemon basil leaves or parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Pulse the garlic clove in the food processor until finely minced.
- Add the spinach, herbs, walnuts, and cheese, lemon juice, and pulse until finely chopped.
- Stream in the olive oil while pulsing until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator up to 1 week.