I love easy to prepare meals like this creamy chicken salad. I boil a big batch of chicken breast and keep it handy in the fridge to make this salad throughout the week. The kids grab it on the way to school and I always have a healthy meal to eat when I’m hungry and short on time. Great for meal prep and bonus points because this recipe is low-carb too!
CREAMY CHICKEN SALAD
- 4 cups boiled chicken breast, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise, or more
- ½ cup sour cream, or more
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 5-6 mini bell peppers, thinly sliced
- Sliced kalamata olives
- Chopped nuts
- Finely chopped celery
- Lemons for garnish
- Place the chicken breast in a pot and cover with water. Add some salt to the water and boil until chicken is fully cooked. Skim the froth from the top and discard.
- Cool completely.
- Shred about 4 cups of chicken and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Place any remaining chicken in a storage container and also pour the broth that it was boiling in over the chicken and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. This keeps the chicken breast moist.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, sour cream, and mayonnaise to the chicken and mix well until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Chill in the refrigerator and serve in warm pita bread, over a salad, or with some sliced avocados and tomatoes with some lemon juice squeezed on top.
Leave a Reply