- 24 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- Zest and juice of a large orange
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine 16 ounces of cranberries along with sugar in a saucepan.
- Zest the orange first and then juice it.
- Add both zest and juice to the cranberries.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon over the cranberries.
- About 2-3 dashes.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the cranberries break down and the sauce begins to thicken.
- This should take about 15-20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the last 8 ounces of fresh cranberries and cook for 8-10 minutes until they begin to soften and some of them break down.
- Leave some whole berries for texture.
- Adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Serve immediately or place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
Leave a Reply