- Serves 10-12
- 3 cups couscous
- 4 cups of water or chicken stock
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (high quality, cold pressed)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Mix all of the ingredients except the couscous and stock(or water) in a large bowl.
Here's another fun way to serve up salad. This is a great party sized recipe. Super flavorful and light! This was part of a "Date Night" menu that I taught in my cooking class so I chose lots of red veggies and used a heart mold. Shape it into a tree for Christmas, a bunny for Easter, a turkey for Thanksgiving..... You can even just pack it in a half sheet baking pan and use your favorite cookie cutters to shape it in whatever individual sized shapes you like or just serve it up family style in a nice big salad bowl!
Bring 4 cups of chicken stock or water to a boil and add couscous, 3 teaspoons of olive oil and 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt to the pot. Turn off the fire and cover the pot for 5 minutes. Fluff the couscous with a fork.
Add the cooked couscous to the salad and mix well. Brush your mold or sheet pan with olive oil and fill with couscous salad. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Unmold onto a nice dish or cut out shapes and serve!