- 1 an 1/2 pond cod fillets, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 (14.5)ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 2 jalapeños
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano (optional)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine the onions with oil in a pot and cook over medium heat until onions are soft and golden. About 15-20 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add cumin seeds and toast for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and peppers. Cook for 10 minutes until the sauce becomes nice and thick.
- Place fish and jalapenos in sauce and cook 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with rice and a nice salad.