- CLASSIC LEMONY CHICKEN PICCATA
- 2/15/2018 0 Comments
- Serves 2:
- 2 chicken boneless and skinless chicken breasts, 1/4 inch thick
- about 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried crushed oregano
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed
- 5-6 Kalamata olives, sliced and pitted
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Pound the chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness with a mallet.
Season both sides of chicken with salt, pepper, pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, cumin powder, and oregano. Dredge both sides with flour.
Heat a pan over high heat and add oil.
Cook the chicken 2-3 minutes on each side until fully cooked through.
Remove from pan and set aside in a plate until sauce is ready.
Turn the heat off under the pan and grate 2 garlic cloves into it and add the butter.
Turn the heat on medium and heat through carefully as to not burn the garlic. Heat through just until the butter melts.
Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Boil for 2-3 minutes on high heat so that the stock reduces a bit.
Add lemon juice, capers and olives.
Taste the sauce and season with some salt if needed.
Pour this sauce over the chicken or add the chicken to the pan.
Garnish with chopped parsley and tomatoes.
Serve this dish with pasta, homemade bread, roasted potatoes, or your favorite salad.