CLASSIC LEMONY CHICKEN PICCATA
- 2 chicken boneless and skinless chicken breasts, 1/4 inch thick
- about 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried crushed oregano
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed
- 5-6 Kalamata olives, sliced and pitted
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Pound the chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness with a mallet.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt, pepper, pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, cumin powder, and oregano. Dredge both sides with flour.
- Heat a pan over high heat and add oil.
- Cook the chicken 2-3 minutes on each side until fully cooked through.
- Remove from pan and set aside in a plate until sauce is ready.
- Turn the heat off under the pan and grate 2 garlic cloves into it and add the butter.
- Turn the heat on medium and heat through carefully as to not burn the garlic. Heat through just until the butter melts.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Boil for 2-3 minutes on high heat so that the stock reduces a bit.
- Add lemon juice, capers and olives.
- Taste the sauce and season with some salt if needed.
- Pour this sauce over the chicken or add the chicken to the pan.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and tomatoes.
- Serve this dish with pasta, homemade bread, roasted potatoes, or your favorite salad.
Leave a Reply