Mosaiko: Chocolate No-Bake Biscuit Cupcakes
- Makes 10-11 cupcakes:
- 8 oz. tea biscuits
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- For the chocolate sauce:
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 oz. unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon extract
- Chopped nuts (walnuts, pralines, almonds, hazelnuts)
- Dried fruit
- Orange zest
- White chocolate chips
- For the chocolate glaze:
- 3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- homemade vanilla whipped cream (recipe follows) and berries
Make the chocolate sauce:
1. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and butter. Cook until melted and smooth.
2. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract and the chocolate. Whisk until chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
Assemble the batter:
1. Crumble the biscuits into pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
2. Pour the chocolate sauce on top and mix with a spatula until all of the cookies are covered.
3. Fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Line a cupcake pan with liners and fill each liner with the batter. Distribute evenly and press the batter down with the back of a spoon to compress.
Make the chocolate glaze:
1. Heat the heavy whipping cream until scalding hot.
2. Place the chocolate in a small mixing bowl and pour the cream on top. Add the vanilla extract and allow the mixture to sit until the chocolate softens. 1-2 minutes.
3. Whisk together until smooth and glossy.
4. Pour 1 teaspoon or more of the glaze on top of each cupcake.
5. Refrigerate 3-4 hours to chill and set.
6. Serve topped with whipped cream and berries.
For the whipped cream:
1. cup cold heavy whipping cream
2. tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
3. teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk well until thick and fluffy. Serve!
Double the recipe to turn this into a cake. Press the batter into a 9-inch round springform pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
Remove cake from pan and pour the chocolate glaze on top. Spread and allow some to drip down the sides. Serve with whipped cream and berries. Enjoy!