- 8 oz. tea biscuits
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
For the chocolate sauce:
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 oz. unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon extract
- Chopped nuts (walnuts, pralines, almonds, hazelnuts)
- Dried fruit
- Orange zest
- White chocolate chips
For the chocolate glaze:
- 3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- homemade vanilla whipped cream (recipe follows) and berries
- Make the chocolate sauce:
- 1. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and butter. Cook until melted and smooth.
- 2. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract and the chocolate. Whisk until chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Assemble the batter:
- 1. Crumble the biscuits into pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- 2. Pour the chocolate sauce on top and mix with a spatula until all of the cookies are covered.
- 3. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- 4. Line a cupcake pan with liners and fill each liner with the batter. Distribute evenly and press the batter down with the back of a spoon to compress.
- Make the chocolate glaze:
- 1. Heat the heavy whipping cream until scalding hot.
- 2. Place the chocolate in a small mixing bowl and pour the cream on top. Add the vanilla extract and allow the mixture to sit until the chocolate softens. 1-2 minutes.
- 3. Whisk together until smooth and glossy.
- 4. Pour 1 teaspoon or more of the glaze on top of each cupcake.
- 5. Refrigerate 3-4 hours to chill and set.
- 6. Serve topped with whipped cream and berries.
- For the whipped cream:
- 1. cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 2. tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
- 3. teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk well until thick and fluffy. Serve!
Double the recipe to turn this into a cake. Press the batter into a 9-inch round spring form pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
Remove cake from pan and pour the chocolate glaze on top. Spread and allow some to drip down the sides. Serve with whipped cream and berries. Enjoy!