Cinnamon Raisin Brioche:
- 1 recipe Brioche Dough
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups raisins
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup cane sugar
- ground cinnamon
- zest of an orange (optional)
- whisk together an egg with a tablespoon of water
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons orange juice
- Dust your work surface generously with flour. This is a sticky dough.
- Roll out the dough into a large rectangle. Use a large cutting board or a 15x9 inch baking pan as a guide.
- Zest an orange over the surface of the dough.
- Generously sprinkle cinnamon all over the surface of dough.
- Sprinkle both sugars over the dough and dust with more cinnamon. Spread out the raisins over sugar.
- Beginning with the long end, roll it up tightly into a jelly roll shape.
- Cut the roll in half.
- Grease and dust two 9x5 inch loaf pans with melted butter and flour. For added insurance, line the pans with parchment paper.
- Place the rolls into each prepared loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside and allow to rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush the top of brioche dough with the egg wash and place in the oven. Immediately reduce the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Remove brioche from pans and drizzle with the glaze.