- 8 ounces semi sweet chocolate, finely chopped (about 1 and ½
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Chopped and toasted almonds
- Sprinkles (chocolate or
- Shredded coconut
- Powdered sugar
- Crushed candy cane
- Chopped salted pistachios
- Homemade chocolate truffles are so much fun to make. I especially love making these around the holidays. They look great, taste divine and are super simple to create. Using high quality chocolate is a must though! European chocolate is my favorite. I'm not a fan of the American brands commonly sold at every supermarket, which will remain nameless for now.......Once you have the chocolate all you need are your favorite toppings to roll these beautiful little balls of deliciousness in and you're good to go! They make perfect gifts, beautiful table toppers and an elegant dessert for your next get together.
- Place chopped chocolate, vanilla extract, cinnamon and honey into a bowl. In a saucepan bring the
- heavy cream to a simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and whisk until
- all of the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- You can substitute peppermint extract for the vanilla. Just use a few drops instead of a whole teaspoon. Some other really delicious flavorings are: orange zest, almond extract or your favorite liqueur.
- Allow to cool and mix once more. Refrigerate for one hour.
- With a melon baller or a teaspoon, scoop out balls of the chocolate and place on a tray or plate lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove truffles from the refrigerator and roll them in the palm of your hands to shape them into round balls.
- Roll them in your favorite toppings and serve!
- Enjoy 🙂
Leave a Reply