- 1 pound strawberries, washed and completely dried
- 8 ounces semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped hazelnuts or your favorite nuts (optional)
- Bring some water to a simmer in a small saucepan. Place a heatproof bowl with the chopped semi sweet chocolate over the simmering (not boiling) water. Make sure that the bowl is not touching the water or the chocolate will burn!!!
- Stir the chocolate until smooth and melted. Remove from heat and stir in the oil. Allow to cool a bit.
- Melt the white chocolate the same way in another bowl without the addition of oil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip the strawberries one at a time in the semi sweet chocolate and then place them on the parchment paper.
- Dip a spoon or fork in the melted white chocolate and drizzle it over the chocolate covered berries.
- Dip the tips of the berries in the chopped nuts if you wish.
- Allow the chocolate to set for about 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes so that the chocolate may harden a bit.
Do not keep refrigerated longer than that or the chocolate will begin to sweat and can also crack.