CHEESY PUFF PASTRY TWISTS WITH KEFALOTIRI
- 1 (17 ounce) package puff pastry, thawed
- 2 cups shredded kefalotyri or parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 °F, 200 °C.
- Sprinkle some shredded cheese on a lightly floured work surface.
- Unfold the pastry sheets over the cheese.
- Roll each sheet out one inch bigger on all sides.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese and oregano over the butter.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 12-13 strips.
- Place each strip onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and twist them to create the cheese twists.
- Brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with any cheese that is leftover or on the counter.
- Bake in the center rack of the oven until puffed and golden. About 20 minutes.
- Cool completely and serve alongside soup, salad, or dips.
Leave a Reply