- 2 sheets of puff pastry, defrosted
- 3 cups fresh blueberries (separate into: 2 cups and 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Zest of half a lemon
- juice of half a small lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- confectioner's sugar for dusting
- 2 egg yolks beaten with two tablespoons of milk or water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine 2 cups of the blueberries, butter, sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until juices are released and the mixture thickens slightly.
- It will continue to thicken as it cools so be careful not to over cook.
- Add the remaining one cup of fresh blueberries with the vanilla extract and mix well. Allow to cool.
- Roll out each sheet of puff pastry into a square.
- Cut each sheet into 6 smaller squares.
- Place a tablespoon of blueberry filling in the center of each small square and brush the edges with egg wash.
- Fold over to make a triangle, pressing the air out.Place each turnover on a parchment paper lined baking sheet leaving a few inches of space between them.
- They will puff up while baking.Press the edges down with a fork to seal and create a decorative border.
- Make a small slit on top of each turnover so that the steam can escape during baking.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until puffy and golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool and dust with confectioner's sugar.
- They taste extra yummy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream 🙂