I love One-Pot Wonders! This recipe is made in one pot and it’s ready in under 30 minutes. There’s so much flavor from the shrimp saganaki sauce that infuses the rice. The entire family is going to love this one and you’re going to love making it for them! I try to use frozen already peeled and deveined shrimp for this one, to save even more time.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 (15 ounce) can of tomatoes, pureed
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces of feta cheese
- Frozen peas
- Frozen mixed vegetables
- 8 ounces fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- Finely chopped fresh parsley or scallions
- Lemon wedges
- Rinse the rice in cool water 4-5 times until the water runs clear. Soak the rice in cool water at least 15 minutes.
- Make sure that the shrimp is very dry. Pat dry with paper towels and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a pot and add the shrimp.
- Cook until pink. About 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the pot and set aside in a clean plate.
- Add the onion to the pot with the olive oil and cook over medium heat until soft and golden. About 6-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and warm through 30 seconds. If adding vegetables, place them in the pot at this time.
- Pour the pureed tomatoes and season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano.
- Drain the rice and add to the pot along with a teaspoon of salt and a cup of water. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Simmer with the lid on for 12 minutes.
- Add the shrimp back to the pot and gently fold them into the rice. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley or scallions and serve with more feta cheese and a lemon wedge. Enjoy!
Pin For Your Pinterest!