This One-Pot Wonder has all of the flavors of shrimp scampi with rice and comes together in 30 minutes. I love dishes like this one that the entire family enjoys and is super quick and easy to make. To make things go even faster, I use already peeled and deveined frozen shrimp. They’re worth the extra cost when I’m in a hurry. You’re going to love this!!
- 1-pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley or finely chopped scallions
- Feta cheese
- Lemon wedges
- Rinse the rice 4-5 times in cool water until the water runs clear. Soak in the water for 15 minutes.
- If using frozen shrimp, drain all of the liquid when they thaw out and pat dry with paper towels.
- Lightly season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat and add the shrimp to a pot. Cook until pink. 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pot and set aside in a bowl/plate.
- Add the onion to the pot along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook over medium heat until soft and golden. 6-8 minutes.
- Add the grated garlic and warm through for 30 seconds.
- Drain the water from the rice and add to the pot along with the lemon zest, juice, 1 teaspoon of salt, black pepper, and a cup of water. Mix and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot with the lid and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Add the shrimp back to the pot and gently fold it into the rice. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley or with thinly sliced scallions and serve with feta cheese and lemon wedges.