If you love easy meal prep then, this recipe is for you! 3 ingredients are all it takes to make this delicious bbq chicken. Use it during the week to make sandwiches, serve alongside rice or salad. Easy peasy!
“This is a sponsored post by Suchi’s Spices. All reviews and opinions expressed in this post are based on my personal view.” Dimitra Khan
My friends over at Suchi’s Spices sent me this delicious BBQ rub to try out and my whole family loved it. We’ve been making this once a week for the past month and the kids can’t get enough. The rub has a perfect balance of smoky, sweet, and a touch of heat. The perfect amount. I like to make a big batch of grilled chicken and then keep it in the fridge ready for a quick lunch.
I usually make my own spice combinations because most companies add questionable ingredients like MSG, high fructose corn syrup, or some type of preservatives that require a google search or two. No thanks! Suchi’s Spice Rubs are clean, flavorful, and pair well with meat or veggies. Very impressive!
They were nice enough to share a coupon code with you to receive 20% off of your purchase. Use the code Dimitra20 and purchase a bottle or two right here.
Prepare the chicken
This bbq chicken is easy, healthy, and takes just a few minutes and 3 ingredients to prepare.
- Wash and dry the chicken (I love to use chicken strips because they cook in under 10 minutes and there’s no need to chop them up) and lay flat on a tray.
- Drizzle some oil on top and squeeze lemon juice over the chicken as well. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle as much of the Suchi’s Spice BBQ Rub over both sides of the chicken as desired.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours then, bring the meat to room temperature.
- Heat the grill over medium-high and grill the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165 °F, 74 °C.
- The grilled chicken will keep fresh in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Watch the Full Video Tutorial
What to serve alongside the chicken
This chicken pairs well with so many things: rice, salad, vegetables, toasted bread or pita, and pasta. Here are 3 of my favorite ways to serve it:
- Make a batch of my Cumin Rice Pilaf and serve the chicken with it along with Tzatziki Sauce.
- Make a Shawarma wrap with the chicken.
- Serve the bbq chicken over your favorite salad with a dollop of tzatziki or shawarma sauce.
Purchases made using my affiliate links help support my work without costing you anything extra. Thank you very much!
I hope that you give this recipe a try and if you purchase the spice rub, I’d love to know what you thought of it. How did you cook with it? What did you make? let me know in the comments section and snap a picture and share it with me on Facebook and/or Instagram. I love seeing your recreations!
- 5-6 pounds chicken strips/tenderloins
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- Suchi’s BBQ Spice Rub
Wash the chicken and pat it very dry with paper towels.
Drizzle olive oil on top and squeeze the lemon juice over top as well. Toss to coat and lay the chicken strips flat in one even layer.
Sprinkle the spice rub over both sides.
Refrigerate up to 3 hours or grill right away.
The chicken is cooked when it reaches 165 °F, 74 °C.
Serve with rice, salad, pasta, or in a wrap.
The chicken will keep fresh in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.