Butter two sheets of phyllo and place 1 tablespoon of filling on the bottom and fold flag style.
- Makes 24-25 triangles:
- For the filling:
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 and 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill (or more if you like)
- For the crust:
- 1 pack phyllo dough
- 1/2 pound butter, melted
- Tiropitakia, are classic Greek, little cheese pies. I make mine with a combination of three cheeses: ricotta, feta and parmesan. Super simple to prepare. When you make these, make sure to double or triple the recipe. They freeze beautifully and are perfect to have on hand in those emergency situations....
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all of the filling ingredients, leaving the eggs for last. Taste it for seasoning. Add more salt and pepper to suit your taste. Add eggs and mix well.
- Cut the phyllo in three equal parts and keep wrapped in it's plastic packaging until needed.