SPICY GREEN CHILI SAUCE (PAKISTANI CHUTNEY)
- a handful of Serrano peppers, washed and dried
- 2-3 cloves of peeled garlic
- about 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Caution. This sauce is fiery hot!!
- My husband can eat spoonfuls of this good stuff with his food. I on the other hand must cool it down with lots of yogurt. Now, don't get me wrong, I love spicy food. Medium spice is just right. Anything hotter automatically gives me the hiccups. Does this happen to anyone else??
- This spicy green goodness is great to add some heat to a marinade, to a pot of stew, soup or in your yogurt sauce. Try it. It freshens up a meal in a delightful way. Start really small like with a quarter teaspoon at a time.
- Put all of the ingredients in blender and puree until completely smooth. Add a tiny bit more water if necessary. Pour into a mason jar and store in the refrigerator up to two weeks.
Leave a Reply