- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced in 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- Here's another quick and very easy recipe that uses one of my favorite ingredients: frozen puff pastry. It's flavorful, flaky and amazingly easy to prepare.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the puff pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Prick the puff pastry all over with a fork. This will prevent it from puffing up during baking.
- Mix the salt and sugar well.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the pineapple slices and coat evenly. Do not handle the pineapple slices too much or they will break up into small pieces.
- Arrange the sugar coated pineapple onto the puff pastry. Do not overlap.
- Fill in the spaces with sliced almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Make the apricot glaze by heating the apricot jam and the water until it simmers and liquefies. Remove from heat and add the almond extract. Mix well.
- Brush the apricot glaze all over the tart. Let cool for 15 minutes and then serve. Enjoy!!