This delicious and easy side dish will give you a trick up your sleeve!
Watch the Video:
It’s time to show you my roasted red pepper and feta salad because everyone needs a trick up their sleeve. If you need a go-to side dish that goes with any main dish you serve, this salad is it! It’s so delicious and versatile. Sweet roasted red peppers are mixed with salty olives, creamy feta, and a simple balsamic dressing to create a simple but flavorful side. You can serve it slightly warm, chilled, or at room temperature. So, you won’t have to worry about finishing it with the main course. And the flavors pair well with everything!
Why you’ll make this often
- Soft, sweet, smoky peppers
- Mild nutty pine nuts
- Briny meaty olives
- Creamy Feta
- Luscious balsamic dressing
- An easy and delicious side that goes with everything!
- Roasted red peppers –sliced into wedges
- Feta cheese –crumbled from a block to avoid tasteless pre-crumbles
- Pine nuts –toasted or substitute toasted walnuts or pecans
- Olives –your favorite kind pitted and halved
- Fresh parsley –substitute basil, mint, or a combination of herbs
- https://www.dimitrasdishes.com/product/gourmet-dark-balsamic-glaze-250ml-8-5-oz/Olive oil –a good quality oil like the one in our shop from Crete
- Balsamic dressing –try the one from our shop!
- Garlic clove –grated or minced
- Dried oregano
How to make roasted red peppers
You can use roasted red peppers from a jar for this side to come together in minutes. However, roasting the peppers yourself is easy and cheaper. Simply cut your peppers in half and remove the seeds. Then, put them on a baking tray and drizzle them with olive oil. Using the broiler, roast the peppers as close to the broiler element as possible for 10 to 12 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through. As soon as you pull them from the oven, carefully move them to a bowl and cover them with plastic wrap. The peppers will steam, allowing the skin to peel off very easily. Carefully peel the skin off and discard. Then, cut the peppers into strips for your salad.
How to make Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Salad
- Cut the peppers into strips and place them into a bowl or on a serving plate.
- Then, toast the pine nuts in a pan over medium heat until golden and fragrant.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk until emulsified.
- Add the olives and dressing to the peppers and toss to coat the peppers in the dressing.
- Garnish with the pine nuts and crumble feta cheese on top.
I love serving this salad with toasted bread so I can soak up every drop of the herby dressing. You could even serve it in or over a pita to make it handheld. The salad goes well with everything from grilled pork or lamb skewers to roasted chicken. I know your family will love it as much as we do. Kali Orexi!
- 4 roasted red peppers, sliced into wedges
- 4 oz (113g) feta cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 10-12 olives, pitted, halved
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons Balsamic dressing
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cut the peppers into strips and place them into a bowl or serving plate.
- Toast the pine nuts in a pan over medium heat until golden and fragrant.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients together and whisk until emulsified.
- Add the olives to the platter along with the dressing. Toss to coat.
- Garnish with the pine nuts and crumbled feta cheese over top.
- Serve with toasted bread. Kali Orexi!
Substitute toasted walnuts or pecans for the pine nuts if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Traditional Cretan Aprons (heavier fabric)
365 by Whole Foods Market, Organic Shelf-Stable Red Peppers, Fire Roasted, 16 Ounce
COSORI ProII Air Fryer Oven Combo, 5.8QT Max Xl Large Cooker with 12 One-Touch Saveable Custom Functions, Cookbook and Oneline Recipes, Nonstick and Dishwasher-Safe Detachable Square Basket
Cretan Mountain Tea- Malotira (30g/1.05 oz)
Olive Oil- Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil (500ml/15.9 oz)