- Well, being such a firm believer in everything happening for a reason, I concluded that the reason for eating that disappointing excuse for "gourmet pizza" was so that I can learn how to make my own, the way I like it. With lots of cheese 🙂 Here it goes:
- Pesto Recipe enough for one 14 inch round pizza (and a little left over to snack on):
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, washed and dries
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons (or more) olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
The first time I ate pesto pizza was here in Texas in a "gourmet pizzeria" and spent more than a pretty penny for it. I'm sorry, but I expect a little more than a dollop of cheese on my pizza! Maybe, I'm asking for too much...
Combine the basil, garlic, walnuts and cheese in a food processor and pulse until chopped. Stream in olive oil until it turns into a smooth mixture. Add salt and pepper to your liking. Enjoy!
To make the pesto pizza, prepare the dough just like the instructions say in my N.Y. Pizza recipe.
Pour one or two ladles of pesto over the pizza dough. Top with shredded mozzarella and sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes over the cheese if you're like me and like all things a bit spicy 😉 Cook it about 15 minutes in your scorching hot, preheated oven, or until the cheese is melted.
You can also place a couple slices of sundried tomatoes under the cheese to add a little more flavor.
It's that deliciously easy! Make it, enjoy it, have fun!!!