- 1 and 1/2 cups Greek Honey
- 3 cups sesame seeds, raw
- 1 cup almonds or pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- orange zest, 1-2 tablespoons orange juice, cardamom seeds, vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, 177 degrees Celsius.
- Spread out the sesame seeds and almonds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the preheated oven to toast.
- Toast them for 5-7 minutes on the middle rack.
- While the seeds and nuts are toasting, zest the orange and set the zest aside.
- Place the honey, salt, and orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook the sweet mixture about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Chop the toasted almonds into small to medium sized pieces.
- Carefully pour the toasted seeds and chopped almonds into the honey mixture along with the orange zest.
- Mix everything very well, off the heat, until combined.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking dish/pan lined with parchment paper and spread it evenly. Brushing the spatula with olive oil will make it easier to spread the candy mixture.
- If you like this dessert thick, use an 8x8 inch baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- If you like thinner bars, spread the mixture onto a half sheet baking tray lined with parchment paper or a 9x 13 inch baking dish.
- Allow to come to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator for a few hours to harden.
- Cut it in your preferred size and shape.