- Mango nectar
- Sparkling water
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- This is a very refreshing and beautiful drink. Surprise your mom with it for breakfast or brunch on Mother's Day which is right around the corner. What makes it even more special are the strawberry ice cubes in it that taste like mini popsicles.
- First, begin by making the strawberry ice cubes. Place the sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring the sugar until it dissolves. Allow this simple syrup to cool completely.
- Place the strawberries in a blender and pour the cooled simple syrup over them. Puree until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into ice cube trays and place in the freezer until frozen solid. This usually takes 4 hours.
- Note: These strawberry ice cubes are wonderful little popsicles, so make extra and store them in freezer bags until ready to use. They're a wonderful, refreshing snack in the summer.
- Pour mango nectar in a glass until half full.
- Fill the remaining half up with the sparkling water.
- Add some strawberry ice cubes and serve!