HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (or less) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Homemade whipped cream is SO easy to make!! There is absolutely no excuse not to make it. That nasty stuff, which will remain nameless, sold in the freezer section is NOT, I repeat NOT whipped cream. There is no cream in it!! Can you tell how passionate I am about this?
- Seriously, I'm not even kidding. All you need is 3 ingredients: heavy cream, powdered sugar and pure vanilla extract; or your favorite extract. That's it!!!!! Sure, you can get fancy and add any berry preserves or jam to it, but basic vanilla whipped cream really is that basic. So please do give it a try and I promise you'll never go back. Trust me 🙂
- Make sure your cream is super cold. Stick it in the freezer for ten minutes before using it. Do the same with your whisk attachment and your mixing bowl.
- You don't need a big, expensive table top mixer like Kitchen Aid. If you have one, that's great. Go ahead and use it. Freeze the mixing bowl and the whisk attachment for at least ten minutes. That will speed up the process.
- You can use a handheld electric mixer with a whisk attachment or just a plain old balloon whisk (a large whisk).
- It's very important that your mixing bowl is either stainless steel, glass or ceramic. Freeze it if you can for at least 10 minutes. Do not use a wooden bowl.
- Ok, all that said, now it's time to make the whipped cream.
- Combine all of the ingredients in your mixing bowl. Begin mixing on a low speed so that you don't end up wearing the cream 😉
- Increase the speed as it thickens and keep mixing until it's nice and thick consistency and looks like whipped cream.
- Be careful not to over mix otherwise it will turn into butter..... There will be no going back at that point.
- That's it!!! Unbelievably easy. Right?
Leave a Reply