- 1-2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 -2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 8-9 ounces Halloumi cheese
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons fennel fronds, roughly chopped
- 4-5 dried figs, sliced
- 2-3 handfuls baby arugula leaves
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Greek honey
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F, 230 °C.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt. Toss to coat. Roast for 8-10 minutes.
- Slice the halloumi cheese.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place 1-2 tablespoons oil in the skillet and pan fry the halloumi slices until golden on both sides. About 1-2 minutes per side. Set aside in a plate.
- Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until combined and emulsified.
- Combine the sliced fennel and the figs in a bowl and toss with the vinaigrette.
- Place the arugula leaves on a serving dish to create a bed. Place the fennel salad on top.
- Arrange the roasted tomatoes all around and then top with the pan-fried halloumi cheese slices.
- Garnish with the fennel fronds and serve immediately. Enjoy!