This soup is perfection! Light, flavorful, ready in 30 minutes and super nutritious. I recommend doubling the batch because it keeps well in the refrigerator. Take it with you to work, send it with the kids to school, or serve it as a starter at your next dinner party.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 (15 ounces) can of cooked white beans
- 1-pound spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 32 ounces (4 cups) vegetable broth
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Cook the onions with the oil in a pot over medium heat until soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and warm through 20-30 seconds.
- Add the zucchini and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Place all of the spinach in the pot and cook 2-3 minutes or until it wilts.
- Add the beans and the broth. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and tender.
- Add the lemon juice along with the fresh herbs and stir to incorporate.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.