- Serves 4:
- 1 and ½ pounds potatoes, cubed
- 4 scallions
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh dill
- Optional: mint, rosemary
- Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 3-4 sundried tomatoes (packed in oil), chopped
- Garnish: 2-3 tablespoons pine nuts
- Optional: 2-4 tablespoons plain whole milk yogurt or sour cream
- For the dressing:
- ¼ - ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Place the potatoes in a pot of cold, salted water. Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender. About 10-15 minutes. Finely chop the scallions and herbs and set aside.
Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine.
Place the pine nuts in a small pan and toast over medium heat until lightly golden. About 3 minutes.
Strain the potatoes and peel the skin.
While the potatoes are still warm, toss them in the dressing and mix to combine. Taste and add more salt if needed.
Mix in the herbs, olives, and sundried tomatoes.
Garnish with toasted pine nuts and serve.
Optional: To create a creamy potato salad, fold in the yogurt or sour cream and serve.