For the cheese sauce:
- 4 ounces feta
- 1/4 cup full fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 roasted red pepper, drained
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 5-6 pitas
- 10 Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
For the herbed oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, 177 degrees Celsius.
- Combine all of the cheese sauce ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until pureed and smooth.
- Set aside.
- Cut the pita into about 8 wedges each.
- To make the herbed oil, combine the olive oil, oregano, and black pepper in a small bowl. Grate the garlic clove into the oil and mix well.
- Brush each pita wedge with the oil and place on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle salt over the pita wedges and bake about 10 minutes or until golden.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Arrange the pita chips onto an oven proof plate.
- Dollop the cheese sauce over the chips.
- Top with the halved tomatoes, then with the mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle the olives and sliced scallions on top.
- Bake in the oven until cheese is completely melted.
- This can also be done under a broiler for 60-90 seconds. The chips can quickly burn if you step away and stop monitoring them.
- If using the broiler setting, make sure that the oven rack is in the middle of the oven. Placing the chips directly under the flame will cause them to burn.
- Serve immediately.