- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup[ extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 lettuce leaves, washed and dried (I like Romaine lettuce)
This salad doesn't have chopped lettuce inside it. I like to use the lettuce leaves to hold the salad in them. It looks really pretty, plus if you're making it for a larger group, you can make individual servings for each of your guests.
Combine all of the ingredients together and scoop a serving onto each lettuce leaf. Serve indivisually or lay the lettuce leaves under the chopped salad and serve family style.
Either way, this salad is super flavorful and beautiful.