- Makes a little over 2 (16 ounce) jars:
- 2 whole pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 small apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 16 ounces fresh cranberries
- 3 cups of sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 orange, juiced and zested (zest before juicing)
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
This is definitely my favorite time of the year! Now until New Years my favorite spices and flavors make their grand debut and are featured in almost every holiday menu. Apples, pears, cranberries, oranges, cinnamon……. Can you
smell the warm delicious aroma?
I had all of those ingredients ready and just thought it would be perfect to
blend them and make a “Holiday Jam”.
Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan. Stir and cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium low and stir well. Let the fruit cook for about 45
minutes to 1 hour, stirring regularly, until it has reduced and thickened, and all the fruits have melted.
Remove from the heat, fill jars with the jam and set aside to cool.
Serve this jam alongside scones, toast, over oatmeal or in a yogurt parfait. Spread it between Linzer cookies or use it to make little puff pastry desserts. The options are endless.