- 1 recipe Brioche Dough
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup high quality chocolate chips, chopped
- zest of an orange (optional)
- whisk together 1 egg with 1 tablespoon water
- Orange Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 ounces chocolate (1/2 cup chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Dust your work surface generously with flour. This is a sticky dough.
- Roll out the dough into a large rectangle. Use a large cutting board or a 15x9 inch baking pan as a guide.
- Zest an orange over the surface of the dough. Sprinkle the chopped chocolate all over the dough.
- Beginning with the long end, roll it up tightly into a jelly roll shape.
- Grease and dust your bundt pan with flour. Place the filled dough into the pan and pinch both ends together. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to rise for about 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush the top of the chocolate brioche dough with the egg wash and place in the oven. Immediately reduce the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Run a knife all around the pan to release the brioche.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Invert the brioche onto a cake platter.
- Make the glaze by whisking the two ingredients together until smooth. Thicken it by adding more confectioners sugar or thin it out by adding a little more juice.
- Cool completely and drizzle orange glaze and chocolate drizzle on top.
- Make the chocolate drizzle by pouring scalding hot heavy whipping cream over the chocolate and vanilla extract and mixing until smooth and glossy. Add more hot cream to thin it out if necessary.
- Serve with hot tea or coffee!