- Serves 4:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken or turkey breasts
- Oil for frying, about 1 cup
- Freshly sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (25.5oz) jars pasta sauce
- 4 large eggs, beaten with about 4 tablespoons milk, a little salt & black pepper
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic powder
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, 204 degrees Celsius.
Combine all of the dry ingredients together to create the bread crumb mixture.
Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. You may also pound them to about ¼ inch thin if preferred.
Combine eggs with milk, salt and pepper. Whisk together well.
Heat oil in a large sauté pan until very hot.
Dip chicken breast in egg mixture then dredge in seasoned bread crumbs.
Add coated chicken breasts to frying pan and cook until golden brown on both sides. About 2-4 minutes per side.
Pour half of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a baking pan. Place the fried chicken breasts over the sauce. Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
Serve with pasta, garlic bread or a nice green salad.