This is such an easy appetizer to put together. All it takes is less than 5 minutes of prep-work, 25 minutes in the oven, and you will be left with a flavor-packed dish to serve to your friends and family. The olive oil becomes infused with all of the wonderful flavors. The feta and olives become soft and juicy and you should make sure to toast some hearty bread to go along with the delicious olive oil. Yet, another example of simple ingredients that come together to create something so fancy!
- 1-pound feta cheese, cubed
- 12 ounces mixed pitted olives: Kalamata & Spanish pimento-stuffed olives are great
- 1 sprig oregano
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- ¼ cup or more of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 °F, 200 °C.
- Place the feta cubes in the center of an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Arrange the olives all around the feta.
- Place the rosemary and oregano sprigs on the sides of the feta.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the feta and olives.
- Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes if you like the heat.
- Bake in the center rack of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Set the oven setting to broil.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese becomes golden.
- Serve immediately with toasted bread and lemon wedges.
Pin For Your Pinterest!