- 1 and 1/2 cups vanilla biscotti crumbs, about 5-6 large biscotti
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 1 recipe homemade vanilla pudding, chilled
- 1 cup homemade whipped cream
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Begin by making the biscotti crust: Melt butter. Brush the bottom and sides of a 9-10 inch tart pan with some melted butter.
- Place the biscotti in the food processor and puree until crumbs form. Add the melted butter and pulse
- to combine.
- Press the biscotti mixture evenly into the tat pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or freeze for 15 minutes so that the crust holds its shape when baked.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- When the tart shell (biscotti crust) has cooled completely, remove from pan and place on a serving plate.
- Fill with vanilla pudding.
- Arrange the blueberries to look like the stars on the American Flag.
- Arrange the raspberries to look like the red stripes.
- Fill a pastry bag or a ziplock bag, fitted with a large star tip with the whipped cream. If you do not have a decorating tip, it is ok to just cut the tip of the ziplock bag and pipe white stripes in between the raspberries.
- Serve immediately or keep chilled in the refrigerator until serving time.
- Enjoy! Happy Independence Day 🙂
Nothing is as impressive as a fresh fruit tart. We make this delicious dessert at the bakery with our shortbread cookie crust, but for this tart I decided to go lighter with a yummy vanilla almond biscotti crust. It melts in your mouth 🙂
Not only does it taste amazing, the presentation is equally impressive.