30-MINUTE MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEA STEW
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 2 small potatoes, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 15 oz canned tomatoes, pureed
- 15 oz canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground sumac
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Optional: 6 oz feta cheese, diced
- finely chopped scallions, parsley, and/or mint
- diced red peppers (from the jar), 1-pound chopped baby spinach, serrano chilies
- Combine the olive oil, diced onion, carrot, and potatoes in a large skillet over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds until warmed through taking care not to burn it.
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas, salt, crushed red pepper, and sumac. Cook over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes until sauce thickens and vegetables are fully cooked.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Add feta cheese and garnishes. Serve with some toasted bread. Enjoy!
Pin For Your Pinterest!
Leave a Reply