- Serves 4:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 2 small potatoes, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 15 oz canned tomatoes, pureed
- 15 oz canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground sumac
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Optional: 6 oz feta cheese, diced
- Garnish: finely chopped scallions, parsley, and/or mint
- Optional: diced red peppers (from the jar), 1-pound chopped baby spinach, serrano chilies
Combine the olive oil, diced onion, carrot, and potatoes in a large skillet over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds until warmed through taking care not to burn it.
Add tomatoes, chickpeas, salt, crushed red pepper, and sumac. Cook over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes until sauce thickens and vegetables are fully cooked.
Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Add feta cheese and garnishes. Serve with some toasted bread. Enjoy!
Pin For Your Pinterest!