A simple, fresh, and delicious salad to eat on its own or as a side!
Watch the Video:
This quick, easy, and delicious white bean salad with feta has simple ingredients that pack so much flavor! Use it as a vegetarian meal, a side dish, or top it with any protein. I use cannellini beans, but you can use great northern or your favorite white beans. You can also mix up the herbs by substituting your favorite combination to suit what you like or to use what you have on hand. I’ve even substituted red wine vinegar for the lemon juice in a pinch. No matter what, it always tastes fresh and is packed with tons of flavor. Everyone will love it!
Why everyone will love it
Tender, creamy beans
Juicy sweet tomatoes
Chewy tart sundried tomatoes
Creamy, briny feta
Herby lemon dressing
A quick and simple fresh, herby Mediterranean white bean salad with feta that’s versatile and delicious!
Everything you need
- White beans –cannellini or great northern drained and rinsed
- Scallions -thinly sliced and swirled in a bowl of cool water to release dirt
- Grape tomatoes -halved
- Feta cheese -crumbled from a block for the best flavor
- Sun-dried tomatoes -finely chopped
- Fresh dill -sub oregano or your favorite herbs
- Fresh parsley -finely chopped
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Greek olive oil –try the one in our shop from Crete!
- Garlic cloves -grated
- Fresh lemon juice -or red wine vinegar
How to make White Bean Salad with Feta
Make the Dressing:
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a bowl until emulsified and set aside.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing on top and toss.
- Chill for an hour or two before serving.
The secret to this salad is to let it sit. So, don’t skip this step. Chill it for at least an hour, but overnight is even better. Everything melds together and creates big flavors. Serve this with some crusty homemade bread or a great vegetarian meal, or top it with grilled chicken, tuna, or even boiled eggs. It’s very versatile and gets better the longer it marinates, so try doubling the recipe. You can serve the second batch the next day in a different way, and it will be even more delicious than the first time you eat it. Kali Orexi!
- 2 (15-oz/440g) cans white beans (cannellini or great northern) drained and rinsed
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pint (1 cup) grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt, to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup or more Greek olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Make the Dressing: combine all of the dressing ingredients in a bowla nd whisk together until emulsified. Set aside.
Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing on top and toss.
Chill for an hour or two before serving. Kali Orexi!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
365 Everyday Value, Organic Cannellini Beans, 15 oz
Olive Oil- Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil (500ml/15.9 oz)
Traditional Cretan Aprons (heavier fabric)
J.A. Henckels International 31161-201 CLASSIC Chef's Knife, 8 Inch, Black
TEAKHAUS Wood Cutting Board Block I Chopping Board I Wooden Cutting Boards for Kitchen I Large Cutting Board with Handle I Chopping Boards for Kitchen I Thick Cutting Board 107 24x18x1.5