Fire up the grill, call some friends over and enjoy this delicious Chicken Souvlaki Board. Juicy chicken pieces, creamy tzatziki sauce, warm pita, and grilled vegetable and Halloumi skewers along with your favorite dips comes together to form the most delicious platter. Everything on this board can be prepped before guests arrive which makes it perfect for stress-free entertaining!
THE ULTIMATE CHICKEN SOUVLAKI BOARD
This recipe makes a small batch of chicken and I suggest to triple it if you plan on serving 6-8 guests.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 and ½ - 2 inch pieces
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried crushed oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoons cumin powder
- Black pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
For the Vegetable Skewers:
- 8 ounces Halloumi cheese, cubed
- Bell peppers, cubed
- Onion, cubed
- Cherry/grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Tzatziki sauce
- Spicy Red Pepper & Feta Dip
- Lemon wedges
- French fries
- Pita bread
- Tomato, onion, and bell pepper slices
- Couscous Greek Salad
- Mediterranean Rice Pilaf
- Greek Zoodle Salad
- Marinate the chicken:
- 1. Combine all of the marinade ingredients together and add them along with the chicken in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- 2. The chicken can be marinated 2 days ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. If you do this, omit the lemon juice from the marinade and add it right before grilling.
- 3. Make sure that the chicken is at room temperature before placing it on the grill.
- 4. Thread 7-8 pieces of chicken on each skewer.
- Make the Vegetable Skewers:
- 1. Alternate all of the vegetables and the Halloumi and thread onto skewers.
- 2. Set on a tray and brush with oil and season lightly with salt.
- Heat a grill on medium high and brush lightly with oil.
- Place the chicken skewers on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden all around. When the chicken is cooked place on a dish and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Grill the vegetable skewers over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Place the pita bread on the grill and heat until warm. About 1 minute.
- Place the chicken in a serving dish and top with some lemon wedges.
- Arrange the chicken with the dips, veggies, and pita on a platter or on a large cutting board and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Pin For Your Pinterest!
Leave a Reply