- Enough for 6:
- 1 (16 oz) package mushrooms (about 12 in a pack)
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten in 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus two tablespoons for filling
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 finely chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- dried oregano for garnish
love to entertain! Getting together with dear friends and family over a delicious meal is one of my favorite hobbies. This is a perfect recipe to make as a side to almost everything. Stuffed mushrooms go great with:
Leg of lamb
Pasta...... you get it, right?? They go great with EVERYTHING!!! Prepare them a day ahead and just pop them in the oven right before your guests arrive and voila! Delicious little bite sized, pop in your mouth delights 🙂
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Clean the mushrooms with a clean, damp kitchen towel and place in a baking dish. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and save them for another recipe. I like to store mine in a freezer bag and save it for when I'm making stock.
In a bowl, combine the garlic, spinach, sundried tomatoes, bread crumbs, feta, two tablespoons of olive oil, beaten egg with water, salt, pepper and mix well.
Fill the mushroom cavity with the filling.
Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and oregano.
Pour 1/4 cup of olive oil (or less) over the mushrooms and cover with foil.
Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Serve warm or hot.