Watch the Video:
- 4-5 pounds (about 2 kg) leg of lamb cuts
- about 24 shallots, peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves, grated
- 2-3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups water
- about 30 oz (850g) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6-10 stole peppercorns
- 6 allspice berries
- about 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Set the Instant Pot to the Saute setting and add 1/4 cup of olive oil. Brown the meat for about 5 minutes on each side in a few batches. Adding all of the meat at once will steam the meat instead of brown it.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and the water to deglaze the pot. Place all of the meat back into the pot along with the tomatoes, and all of the seasonings except the oregano.
- Set the Instant Pot to the High Pressure setting for 25 minutes. Make sure that the vent is set to the sealed position.
- Allow the machine to Naturally Realease the pressure for 15 minutes and then open the valve to release the remaining pressure.
- While the meat is cooking preheat the oven to 425 °F, 220 °C.
- Place the shallots onto a baking pan and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Season them with salt and pepper and roast until golden and tender. About 25 minutes.
- Add the shallots to the pot and set it to the saute setting until the sauce has thickened. About 10 minutes.
- Add the oregano and taste the sauce. Add more salt if needed.
- Serve with rice, mashed potatoes, or bread and a salad.
- Kali Orexi.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, Sterilizer, and Warmer, 8 Quart, 14 One-Touch Programs
Dried Oregano from Crete (20g/.71 oz)
Olive Oil- Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil (500ml/15.9 oz)
Traditional Cretan Aprons (heavier fabric)
Gourmet Dark Balsamic Glaze (250ml/8.5 oz)